February 21, 2011

Propaganda 2011

I'm not entirely sure what to write for this,  I don't know if an example is necessary, I hope not because I can't find one so...

Whenever I hear the word propaganda I think of two distinctive images, the “I want you!” and the “We can do it!” posters, I'm sure you're very familiar with both. I think we'd all love to believe that propaganda is no longer prevalent in our society, but considering the title of this post is 'Propaganda 2011' I think it definitely is, and no, McCarthy isn't just sending us on a wild goose chase.

However, I don't think it's the same. Today it's more in campaign advertisements, or political cartoons, or art, not so much posters on every street corner. This is a difficult blog to write without contradicting myself. I'd love to say it isn't as in your face as it once was and that it's more subtle, but by being more subtle, it's even more in your face. And I'd love to say it's not nearly as creative, but some of the best examples are the most creative in art.

I suppose I should just leave this simply by saying it exists.

I'd love to leave a modern day example, but I think any example could be up for interpretation. I'd love to say this is a well done post, but I think that'd be a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment