May 15, 2011

The Tell Tale Heart

When we were given The Tell-Tale Heart, I didn’t think of The Simpsons’ episode, but rather the Arthur episode, and the Spongebob episode about the squeaky boots. Regardless of which animated show I thought of, I had never read it, much less analyzed it.
Do I think the narrator is crazy? A bit. I don’t really think you can kill without being the slightest bit mad. The killing was so methodical that you’d think that he wasn’t, but sometimes the most methodical are the maddest. But then don’t you have to be crazy to hear the beating of a heart of a dead person? And who is he talking to anyways? I sort of feel that he’s talking to someone he truly cares about because he’s explaining why and keeps repeating that he’s not crazy. If I did something like this, I feel like I would talk like this to my family. I’m really not sure where to go with this though, because I fear that I am sounding crazy, and believe me, I’m usually not. So… the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment